Review: Super Destronaut DX (PlayStation 4)
Inspired by an arcade classic, Super Destronaut DX is retro space shooter that pits you against an enemy more dreaded than a UFO, a scoreboard.
- Retro graphics.
- 100.9MB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Cross-buy with PlayStation Vita.
- Five modes- Challenges, Classic, Time attack, Hardcore and multiplayer.
- Online leaderboards with mode filters.
- Stats screen showing best score in each mode.
- How to play section. (Text based)
- Gameplay is a take on Space invaders.
- Awesome neon wireframe backdrop.
- Enemies can shoot back, Each type has a unique gun.
- Screen Shake.
- Simple one button controls.
- Decent score chaser.
- Infinite replayability.
- Good fun in multiplayer.
- Easy platinum trophy.
- Nails the retro feel.
- Challenges- 30 of em with each one being tasks like kill 100 enemies or do 3 waves etc. The level ends when you complete the task.
- Catchy chiptune soundtrack.
- Upgrade weapons as you play.
- Can shoot random dead enemies for bonus points.
- Combo counter.
- You get 3 lives (except hardcore) and when you die the game carries on, No stopping or resetting.
- The slight learning curve to how it plays.
- Online leaderboard issues.
- Can be difficult to see the ground-based enemies.
- Very basic.
- Little variation across the modes.
- The whole weapon upgrade thing is a bit off as its just timed power-ups.