Review: Just Shapes & Beats (Steam)
“Just Shapes & Beats” is a chaotic co-op musical bullet-hell based on three simple things: avoid Shapes, move to the kick-ass Beats, and die, repeatedly.
- Umm, it has graphics, Just very very basic ones.
- 677MB Download size.
- Photosensitive mode.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Three modes- Story, Party mode, and challenge.
- Casual mode- Gives you more health.
- Multiplayer- Local, public or friends only.
- Controls- Button to restart and a button to dash…that’s it.
- Bullet hell dodge em up gameplay.
- Outstanding soundtrack.
- Avoid bullets, lasers, shapes and more the screen shakes rotates and generally doesn’t help you.
- Checkpoints- Give a bit of health as well as a restart point.
- You play as a cube and when you take damage, Parts of you fall off.
- So much more fun in co-op.
- Drop in/out co-op.
- Steam trading cards.
- Very simple concept.
- Great fun
- Only resolution and fullscreen graphics options.
- No actual tutorial.
- Few levels feel repetitive.
- No scores or leaderboards.