Review: Icey (Nintendo Switch)
ICEY is a 2D side-scrolling action game. As you follow the narrator’s omnipresent voice, you will see through ICEY’s eyes and learn the truth about her world.
- Anime graphics.
- 1.6GB Download size.
- Has its own built-in trophy system.
- Voice over language- English, Chinese (Mandarin) and Japanese.
- 2D scrolling beat em up gameplay.
- Difficulty- The game will ask a series of short questions and then suggest a difficulty for you.
- Trophies will pop up as you earn them.
- Starting tutorial.
- Execute- Button prompt (A) doing this will reward you with a cool animation but also shields and HP.
- Combo counter- As the number grows, Your power increases.
- Cash- Earn from killing enemies and spend your cash at upgrade interfaces, You can see a short video on what each item is and is things like new moves, Combos or the usual increase health/shields.
- You play screen by screen meaning you go off screen to advance.
- Epic boss battles.
- Infinite combo possibilities thanks to the extensive unlocks and upgrades options.
- The whole interface for the game is done like a computer. You can use this to replay previous levels or quit out of the game and more(no spoilers)
- Computer overlord that can take over your game and sometimes this can be a good thing but also can be a bad thing.
- Find upgrades hidden in the game.
- Fast combat that feels like a Platinum game.
- The story is narrated to you as you play.
- The game has a lot of verticality to it.
- Map system.
- Really good techno style soundtrack.
- A lot of fun to play.
- Easy to grasp the concept.
- Looks gorgeous on the small screen.
- A lot of replayability.
- No enemy health bars.
- Takes a bit of getting used to the combat.
- Cannot rebind controls.
- No touchscreen.
- Few obtuse sections.
- No hitstun.
- Enemies can juggle you far too easily and this is frustrating.
- UI is not the best.