Review: RPGolf (Steam)
RPG meets Golf! Battle your way through the kingdom to restore golf to the land!
- Arcade retro graphics.
- 79MB Download size.
- Can rebind keys.
- Supports controller.
- Brief opening tutorial.
- Simple control scheme.
- Gameplay is a golf game with RPG mechanics like leveling up and fighting monsters.
- Earn EXP and level up to increase your health but also get upgrade points to increase your stats like accuracy, Power etc.
- Loot is hidden around the world.
- Slick animations.
- A big open world that you are free to explore.
- Simple hack and slash combat.
- Magic spells are a thing like shooting fire.
- Easy to play.
- Golf cart- Unlock to drive around.
- Enemies roam the land and can engage as you will.
- Clear UI showing wind speed and direction.
- Good fun.
- Has a lot of golf and doesn’t get bogged down in the combat.
- Three save slots.
- Looks a bit like a mobile game.
- No way to respec your stats.
- Lacks a character creator.
- Skill has little to do with it as stats dominate performance.
- Getting out of menus can be messy.
- Faff to get the pad to work and analog isn’t supported atm.
- Never sure it saved.
- No Steam achievements.