Review: Juicy Realm (Steam)
Juicy Realm is a roguelike game in which players must square off against bizarre fruits all across the world. The line between the animal and the plant world has become blurred, and the food chain has been completely disrupted.
- Cutesy cartoon graphics.
- 359MB download size.
- Opening tutorial.
- Controller support.
- Twin stick shooter gameplay.
- Solo/duo game modes. Supports two player local.
- Four characters to play- Boxer, Ninja, Botanist and mercenary. All have unique stats and starting weapons.
- Roguelike elements- One life then you start again.
- Lore found around the levels.
- Cheerful soundtrack.
- Big boss fights.
- Coins- Collect them from boxes and enemies to spend them on items at shops.
- A handful of colorful environments from snow to a dessert.
- Environmental hazards.
- Many enemy types that are fruit.
- Can break boxes for bonus loot.
- Small details like being able to cut down plants and blow up boxes and other things.
- Very easy to play.
- The dual stick works fine but the sticks move independently.
- Loot will never tell you if you found something better than you have and you cannot swap back.
- The game does little to explain itself.
- Levels never feel like they randomize as I have run the same route multiple of times.
- Lacks a repetitive hook.
- Not that difficult.
- Cannot change control layout.
- Guns are very basic.
- Capped at 30FPS.
- No real graphics options.
- No online.
- Very plain.
- No permanent unlocks just the ability to bank a small amount of coin.