Review: Urban Trial Playground (Nintendo Switch)
This new installment of the stunt bike racing series is moving the action from city streets, straight to the sunny and colorful beaches of California, mixing in even crazier tricks, flips, and combos than ever before. It’s a game of speed, balance, and style!
- Crisp detailed graphics.
- 2.3GB Download size.
- Opening tutorial.
- Decent soundtrack.
- Bike trick score chaser gameplay like Trials.
- Customise- Bike and rider options.
- Unlock levels and bikes by collecting stars (doing objectives).
- Two players local MP support.
- Challenges and chips in each level. Optional, Chips are the collectibles.
- Five stars to earn in each level.
- Best score is shown for each level.
- Decent controls- Front/rear brakes, balance, wheelie are all easy to pull off.
- Instant restart button.
- Levels have checkpoints.
- Online leaderboard support.
- Cool animations.
- Varied levels from Mansions to beaches to motorways.
- Combo counter.
- Easy to get into.
- Just one more go mentality.
- No touchscreen support.
- No move list for reference.
- Limited tricks.
- Levels begin to feel the same after a while.
- No controller options.
- Performing jumps is sloppy.