Review: Terra Feminarum (Steam)
The bright dancing lights of the aurora illuminates the sky of Terra Feminarum every night. However, recently the northern lights have strangely become restless and weaken. Three the most powerful shamans of the “Land of Women” are willing to investigate the matter. The road to the Pohjola shall be traveled once more.
- Japanese danmaku shooter graphic style.
- 546MB Download size.
- Graphics- Vsync, Fullscreen, Frame rate, and enemy flicker.
- Opening tutorial (can replay from the main menu)
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Two modes- Story and arcade.
- Three difficulties- Normal, Hard and brutal.
- Story- Seven chapters, Boss fights with optional bonus extra enhancement missions.
- Enhancements- Beat a boss or do the extra missions to choose from 3 enhancements which are: Speed boost, Health and ability to freeze enemy bullets for a short time.
- Boss life bar on the screen.
- Screen-filling bullet madness, Takes a dump over the descriptive term bullet hell.
- Punchy soundtrack.
- Actions- Shoot, Sprint, focus and special. Focus will have you shooting at a more direct flow. Special will take everything out on screen generally.
- Kill enemies that drop mana, The faster you collect the more you get which a score boost as well as more mana for your special.
- Points bang up all over the screen.
- Rebindable keys for both keyboard and controller.
- Each character has their own save for the story mode.
- Three characters- Lempo, Talvikki, and Aino.
- Each character has unique bullet patterns and specials.
- Local leaderboard.
- Tight responsive controls.
- Many enemy types including some ridiculously good boss encounters.
- Fun to play.
- Just one more go mentality.
- Score attackers wet dream.
- Opening tutorial is keyboard only with no way to activate the pad.
- You have to configure the pad for analog support.
- Button prompts are always keyboard.
- Little replayability once you have done the story.
- No online leaderboards.