Review: Energy Invasion (Nintendo Switch)
Energy Invasion – an arcade game inspired by the classic Breakout. Unlike the original game, your ball does not break blocks on its own, but can launch missiles in a chosen direction.
- Basic graphics.
- 372MB Download size.
- Three modes-Invasion, Linear and endless.
- How to play section.
- Progress percentage for each mode.
- Super breakout/Alleyway inspired gameplay. If unaware its a game where you bounce a ball around a level and break all the blocks.
- Two difficulties- Easy and normal.
- Fifty levels across invasion and linear.
- Earn powerups and extra lives.
- A varied soundtrack for chilled to intense bass booming scores.
- Quick to learn.
- Twin stick controls.
- You have slightly more control by using the right stick to aim.
- Familiar yet new.
- A slow transition between levels.
- Awkward to play.
- Actually managed to get the ball stuck a few times between the wall and the paddle.
- No leaderboards.
- A little urgency to replay levels.