Review: Super Man Or Monster (Steam)
Protect or destroy the world, as MAN or MONSTER! Build your army, jetpack around, blast monsters and kick ass. OR… bring the chaos as you bash, stomp and wreck cities. Your choice.
- Voxel graphics.
- 364MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Trading cards.
- Controller support.
- Three difficulties- Easy, Medium and hard.
- Video options- Resolution, Fullscreen, V-Sync, Downscale and frame cap, 30, 60 or unlimited.
- Retro pixel graphics can be turned off and smoothed out.
- Graphics option- Quality sliders, Draw distance, Shadows, AA, Bloom, Ambient occlusion, Depth of field, Motion blur, Water quality and fog.
- Sensitivity and invert axis control options.
- Tutorial pop up on/off.
- Two solo modes- Play as man where you have to protect the city against the monster or, Play as the monster and take down the city.
- Can edit you man or monster buy earning special coins and assign different abilities. You can also change things like colour and size or feet and tails of the monster.
- Splitscreen support.
- End of level breakdown with 3 bonus objectives on a Bronze, Silver, and Gold awards.
- Easy to play.
- Collect/earn coins in game to buy units for your man like tanks and turrets.
- Chiptune ost.
- Monster very much plays as a 3D Rampage game. The man plays out like an enormous Monster killer game.
- World map screen where you can choose where in the world you play.
- Can replay levels.
- Camera control is not great especially as the man.
- Gets repetitive.
- Slow paced in terms of unlocks.
- Does one thing even if it is a good thing.
- No online multiplayer.