Review: Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back (Steam)
Watch Bubsy glide like a bat, jump like a jackrabbit, bounce like a red rubber ball and run…run Bubsy run. This is the Bubsy adventure you were born to play.
- Ok graphics.
- 2011 MB Download size.
- Optional tutorial level.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- 2D platformer set with a 3D backdrop.
- Collect wool to boost your school in the game.
- All levels are timed.
- End of level breakdown.
- Plays like a speedrun collect em up.
- Easy to learn controls.
- Actions- Jump, Pounce, and glide.
- Full of one-liner quips and tongue in cheek callbacks to the previous game.
- Collect jumpers to add a shield and continue to collect them to earn extra lives.
- Boss fights.
- Easy to get into.
- Can replay levels.
- World map level select.
- Keys- Collect these to unlock bonus rooms.
- Old school in play style with one hit kills Water deaths and killing enemies by jumping on their heads.
- Overly sensitive controls.
- Feels like a 90s game with all the bad parts of them in the game.
- Constantly repeating the same lines over and over.
- Simplistic no-frills gameplay.
- Annoying one-hit deaths, Probably more accurate to say inch perfect bullshit deaths.
- Tedious platform sections.
- Little reason to replay.
- Only a dozen or so levels.
- All levels feel the same.
- Unrewarding especially after you spend an eternity to collect wool.