Review: Farming Simulator (Nintendo Switch)
Take on the challenges of the modern farmer! Explore a huge open-world, including a detailed North American environment loaded with farming activities, over hundreds of acres of land.
- Graphics have been remarkably upgraded from the detail to the lighting, It is a good looking Nintendo Switch game.
- 2.7GB Download size.
- Touchscreen support.
- Male and female characters to choose from.
- A handful of uniform colors.
- All vehicles now have a radio! Listen to rock, Pop or classical as you plow the fields.
- Performance is really good.
- Full optional tutorial section. In the game, you have access to a brief overview section.
- Three save slots.
- Career difficulty: Easy, Medium and Hard.
- Easy to get into.
- Kept the same control scheme so returning players can jump straight in but also not too Alien to new players.
- Can change the size of the HUD and notifications.
- Two maps: Gold Crest Valley and Sosnovka. Both have a lot more vibrant and atmosphere to them. Big huge maps with little villages and towns within them.
- Decent loading times.
- Hidden collectibles are back and this time they are golden nuggets.
- Trains! Now you can load/unload your wares with the crane and transport produce at a must faster rate with the train. You get to drive it so all good.
- Save when you want.
- Over 250 vehicles from 70 odd manufacturers.
- Borrow/Repay money with the bank whenever you like.
- The map can be made bigger, Minimize it or even turn it off completely at the touch of a button.
- Helpers are back and this time they send you a message when they are done or if they get stuck.
- Detailed options to customise your game. From currency type to plant growth speed and daylight time. It has an option for just about anything and everything.
- Stats- a Full breakdown of your performance and what you have done.
- Farming jobs are wood cutting, Herding animals, Growing and selling crops and taking on missions.
- Side missions are timed jobs you do for other farmers and can be found on the map in various fields.
- More life to the game with more people walking about as well as more cars on the road.
- Own in-game achievements.
- Satisfying gameplay.
- Fits the Nintendo switch perfectly.
- Two views which are outside the vehicle or the driver’s seat. You can zoom in and out of the out of vehicle view.
- Authentic sounds and noises.
- Handling is still on the light side and feels way too loose.
- Collisions are still comical. Hit another car and you can expect to go all over the place. In short, it doesn’t look very realistic.
- The text is really small, especially on the menus.
- Reading the map can still be tricky as it is a very busy place with little help.