Review: LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game (PlayStation 4)
Play as your favorite ninjas to defend Ninjago from the evil Lord Garmadon. Master the art of Ninjagility by wall-running and high-jumping, and battle foes to rank up and upgrade the ninja’s combat skills.
- HD Graphics.
- 23.50GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Opening tutorial.
- Cutscenes are done with film footage. Finally proper real LEGO used in cutscenes.
- Now standard LEGO game gameplay. Collect studs, Take down enemies and build things.
- Save and exit option.
- Drop in/out local co op support.
- Combat- Probably the best ever with homing attacks, Combos, Chain attacks.
- Earn tokens in game to use on the huge upgrade tree where you can unlock new moves or buffs like extra studs etc.
- On rail shooter sections.
- Boss fights- No more 3 heart shenanigans here. Now they get a health bar and its just a fight with little stop start or having the boss taking on different forms.
- Can replay levels.
- Stud counter is back but improved. Instead of it being a thing in each level, You now get one bar that carries over every level.
- Character creator is back and has share codes to give to friends.
- Overall hub world where you can find secrets but also choose the levels to play.
- Game map unlocks as you play through the story.
- Collectibles- Red/gold bricks, stud bars, tokens and LEGO pieces to build things etc are all in the game to find and earn.
- Humour throughout.
- Decent voice work.
- Oriental inspired soundtrack.
- Action packed storyline.
- Smart level design.
- Combo counter- Gives timed stud multipliers.
- Play as every member of the team.
- Fun to play.
- Easy to get into.
- Some screen tearing.
- Long loading times.
- Share codes are stupidly long.
- Cannot skip cutscenes until replaying levels.
- Short game compared to earlier titles.
- Aside from the combat the game still feels the same.