Review: R.B.I. Baseball 17 (Nintendo Switch)
Your breakout MLB season is on Nintendo Switch! R.B.I. Baseball 17 returns in the fourth edition of the classic franchise, developed by MLB.com.
- 3.1GB Download size.
- Decent graphics.
- Roster update downloads.
- Set your favourite team.
- Two control schemes- Modern or classic.
- Fielding option- Assisted or standard.
- Three AI difficulties- Easy, Medium and hard.
- Ball height indicators- Classic, Static or off.
- Full roster management.
- Baseball gameplay!
- Official teams and players.
- 30 official stadiums.
- Three game modes- Exhibition, Season and post season.
- Two player local support.
- Game options- Roster size, Length, Mercy and time of day.
- Game length 1-9 innings.
- Tutorial pop ups.
- Surprisingly easy to pick up.
- Good loading times.
- Two button controls.
- Pro controller support.
- Faster experience with games over a lot quicker.
- Fun to play.
- Looks good on the big screen.
- Roster update can take a while.
- No team ratings.
- Lacks a practice area.
- Slight learning curve as you get used to the various mechanics like controls and ball speed.
- No online.
- AI are really good.