Review: Mantis Burn Racing Battle Cars DLC (PlayStation 4)
BATTLE CARS the brand-new combat racing pack from MANTIS BURN RACING! Unleash explosive levels of fun with an all-new class of highly armed, battle-ready vehicles in intense online combat or frenetic split-screen battles for up to 4 players.
- 162.8MB Download size.
- 6 new trophies.
- Brief tutorial pop up.
- Battle season with 26 events.
- Three new vehicles- Stinger, Lancer and Mauler.
- Weapons! You can now shoot a machine gun and drop mines.
- Weapon unlocks- Guns unlock after hitting the first checkpoint, Mines unlock after one full lap.
- Spanners- Repair your car on the go.
- Customise options- Colour and boost colour as well as upgrade them.
- Three weights- Light, Medium and heavy.
- A lot of fun.
- Guns can overheat.
- Fits well within the game.
- Still uses all the old events.
- Three new events- King of the track, Survivor and accumulator rumble.
- At times your vehicle feels kind of weak.
- Spanners are sometimes really out of the way.
- No new tracks.
Finally we get the weapons that we have all been craving! It works surprisingly well and really fits into the game. The new modes are a lot of fun and bring a fresh challenge to the game. I did find that some of the old maps struggled to accommodate the weapons with narrow tracks and mines been a horrible tactic. Aside from that its a neat little package and for how cheap it is you would be crazy not to jump in. I really enjoyed it and didn’t think the game could get any better but here we are!