Review: forma.8 (Nintendo Switch)
forma.8 is a unique take on the proven Metroidvania action-adventure formula, with a striking visual style and a huge world to explore.
- Very nice abstract graphics.
- 611MB Download size.
- Four save slots.
- Save and exit.
- Basic helpful button prompts.
- The game feels very much like you discover how to play.
- Big beautiful worlds to explore.
- Puzzles are littered throughout.
- Many enemy types.
- Metroidvania inspired gameplay.
- Collect new attacks and powerups.
- Boss fights.
- Charming soundtrack.
- Very atmospheric and surprisingly chilled.
- Fresh take on the genre.
- Perfect fit for the Switch.
- Easy to learn controls.
- A lot of fun to play.
- Loading times.
- Doesn’t explain much at all.
- Controls feel floaty.
- Can feel lost.
- Little replayability.