Hands On With The Paragon Patch, The New Dawn
Paragon is the MOBA from Epic Games that puts you in the fight with explosive action, direct third-person control, and deep strategic choice. Choose from an ever-expanding roster of unique Heroes, earn cards to customize their abilities, and lead your team to victory.
- Really nice graphics.
- Intro movie showing off the new features. (Can be re watched)
- Simplified deck builder. Step by step process that make it a lot easier for you to understand and tweak.
- Faster gameplay. Just from spawn times to overall movement speed.
- Easier to understand UI in game. Its all just cleaned up and a lot clearer.
- Controls have again been simplified all though you do have multiple control schemes.
- Gold-Slowly generates. Uses the last hit mechanic to earn gold and obviously destroying towers and killing enemies.
- Stats- Three slots, Agility, Vitality and Intellect. You upgrade this with your gold and you see what each upgrade does and adds a point on the tree.
- Cards- Once you meet the card criteria (x amount of certain stats) you can then activate the card which will have buffs, New abilities or passives.
- Daily quests and rewards revamped.
- Stars-Earn stars for playing the game and leveling up your character.
- Weekly mega vault- Fill the bar with the stars and you get to earn loot along the way with the ultimate pay off being a vault key.
- Matches are quicker. AI games dont go longer than 20 minutes typically and PvP is half hour or so but obviously this one could vary.
- Solid online once in game.
- In game comms are simple button presses.
- Can do your stat buying whenever you have the gold.
- EXP/Rep boosters can be time based or win based.
- Gems- These are what you put into your deck and are the abilities/buffs you unlock in the stats tree.
- Constant hook as you always are close to unlocking or earning something.
- Much easier for new players.
- Menu shortcut buttons.
- Tournament style character picking and you can pre pick.
- Banners in game that show when you take a tower or kill an enemy.
- Faster loading times.
- Still missing any sort of help with regards to character roles and types.
- Slowdown in places.
- Voice over guy is annoying and is basically your soundtrack.
- No AI game difficulties.
- River not explained.
- Matches will disconnect if players dont pick their characters within the tight time limit.
- The PlayStation 4 starts making a lot of noise.
- Still long initial load screen.
- No trophies.
I always had a soft spot for Paragon, But the long matches and bombardment of information really put me off. Now with this patch I feel a lot more confident. I am not ready to MLG the crap out of it and make millions but I do know the basics, Making a deck is alot easier to the point where I can actually get hyped when I open chests and get cards. The lesson here is do not fear the deck building, It is nigh on impossible to mess up a build. Overall I find they have done a really good job and it can easily get a slew of new players in. I hope the tweaks continue and for me they have made a fan.