Review: Slime San (Nintendo Switch)
There’s no time to stay still as you’re chased by a wall of stomach acid around every corner! Make your way through cracked walls and surfaces, bust through brittle obstacles with a speedy dash, slime to slow down and speed up time.
- Pixel graphics.
- Lush colour palette.
- Looks like a up market Commodore game.
- 740MB Download size.
- Puzzle platform runner style gameplay.
- Classic chiptune soundtrack.
- Collect coins and apples in levels for currency and unlocks.
- Camera- Can zoom in and out.
- 2D side scroller.
- Unlock and use side art.
- Multiple routes and secret areas.
- Actions- Jump, Pass through green slime, Dash and slow time or speed up time.
- End of level breakdown-Jumps, Super jumps, Dashes, Time taken, collectibles and the trophy time times.
- Grain effect on or off.
- Colourblind support.
- Easy to get into.
- Unlock new characters and skins.
- Tons of replayability.
- Humourous interactions.
- Hub world is massive with many rooms and locations to explore and shops to find.
- Unlock mini games.
- Online leaderboards.
- New game plus.
- Boss rush mode.
- Speedrunners delight.
- Text/screen looks a bit smushed up with the side art taking up a lot of space.
- No touchscreen.
- Puffs of smoke in game can hinder your view.
- Slow loading times in places.