Review: Kirby’s Blowout Blast (Nintendo 3DS)
Based on the Kirby 3D Rumble minigame in Kirby: Planet Robobot, this enhanced, standalone version is fit to burst with brand new content.
- Crisp bright graphics.
- 751 Blocks Download size.
- Full 3D implementation.
- Amiibo support- Scan Kirby Amiibo to add a statue to the plaza that plays new music.
- 3D platformer gameplay.
- Speed runner mentality.
- Inhale enemies/items to shoot at enemies. Inhale multiple enemies to increase bonus.
- Four medals to earn each level- Speed, No damage, Kill all enemies and collect all coins.
- Local leader boards.
- Simple controls.
- Text based tutorials.
- Levels are short.
- Collect coins to increase score.
- Bronze, Silver and Gold ranks for each level.
- EX levels which are harder but generate more points.
- Chain counter.
- On screen arrow for directing your shot.
- Fun to play.
- Easy to learn.
- Very much a pick up and play.
- Boss battles.
- Miiverse integration.
- On screen timer.
- Perspective changes like side view or behind etc.
- Selection of enemies.
- Auto saves regularly.
- Tons of replay ability.
- Can replay levels.
- Fast loading times.
- No online leader boards.
- Doesn’t explain about the speed running.
- Can be tricky to see coins.