Review: The Golf Club 2 (PlayStation 4)
Rise to fame and fortune in the largest, most dynamic golf game ever created. Assemble and join online Societies with friends, compete in tournaments, and earn money to climb the ranks in golf’s largest gaming community.
- Realistic nice looking graphics.
- 8.74GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Opening optional tutorial but has a huge training area where you can learn particular parts like driving range, chipping and putting.
- Every menu has a pop up shortcut to tutorial explanations. (optional)
- Powerful course designer returns with more options than before.
- Glossary explaining the jargon etc.
- Graphic options- Depth of field, AA, Bloom and motion blur.
- Edit golfer- Set nationality, Gender, Golf bag and club set.
- Golf creator- Set skin tone, facial features, facial hair etc.
- Difficulty- Very easy, Easy, Medium, Hard and Very hard.
- Career- Choose from a list of events that change periodically. You can edit them, Select difficulty and add players both on/offline.
- Atmospheric thanks to mother natures ambiance, The crowd noises and the very good commentator.
- No loading times between holes in a championship.
- Can change the camera after playing the ball.
- Overhead map cam and hole cam.
- Putting is basically unchanged from the original. You can still lay down a grid to judge distance, elevation etc.
- The aiming requires a lot more concentration. You have to make sure your swings are fluid otherwise it will all go wrong!
- Game will pick a club for you but you can change it.
- Events will take place and a calendar will inform you in game of upcoming events and championships.
- Play mode- Resumable games, TGC official, Friends played, Friends favorites, Hot, suggested and Handicap.
- Can unlock and change colours of your clubs, Drivers and outfits.
- Societies- Your clubhouse where you can set up championships, Invite friends, Show off awards and trophies. Its very deep on options.
- 4 players can have a player registered to play locally.
- Glorious locations.
- Money- Earn money in game to buy new outfits, Heads for your clubs and accessories. You earn money by playing but each hole or championship has bonus objectives you can do to earn extra money.
- Simulation golf game not arcade in any way.
- Controls- Easy enough to learn, You can choose if you use the left stick or right stick for hitting the ball.
- Menu music is not great.
- A lot to take in.
- Can easily get lost in menus.
- Hard to judge power of shots due to the way you take shots.
- No power bar system for shots like in Everybody’s golf.
- Buying items and going between menus can trigger a long load.
- Difficulty seems a a bit too high even on easy you will struggle to make a dent on the leader board.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
The Golf club 2 is a fantastic well designed golf game. The controls take a bit of getting used to and the AI is a bit rough but you play this and stay playing this for the realism. They have tightened the ccontrol up and made the whole shot placement a lot more forgiving. The course designer continues to impress. Being able to quickly share and play courses really keep you coming back for more. A true next gen golf game and a must for golfing fans.