Torment: Tides of Numenera Receives a Performance Update
Since Torment: Tides of Numenera’s release, inXile has been able to digest a deluge of constructive feedback, comments and articles to garner a better sense of where they can focus their resources to improve the game.
“Since the release of Torment: Tides of Numenera, we’ve been working extremely hard to iron out the bugs our community and media reported. We’re pleased to announce that we’ve eliminated a lot of bugs and optimised the game even further on all platforms and I’m sure that it will allow our fans to enjoy the game even more.” – said Brian Fargo, inXile CEO
Here’s a message from Colin McComb, Creative Lead on Torment: Tides of Numenera.
The update for the console versions of the game is live now and fixes many issues reported by media and the community, improving the game’s performance and overall quality. The most important improvements include:
- Fixes many freezes that would happen in various situations.
- Numerous performance optimizations.
- Addendum text now appears on item descriptions. Dozens of items have more detailed descriptions depending on your lore skills and other factors.
- Fixes an issue that was preventing party members from bantering. Party members should now be much more talkative.
- Updates crisis sequences to rebalance a number of enemies. In certain situations, it will make combat proceed more quickly.
- Numerous fixes and improvements to movement grid, pathing, and AI. This should prevent issues where the game would hang in combat.
- Several quest and conversation fixes.
- Inspiring Presence and other looping sound effects have been reduced or removed.
On top of this, from now to April 28th special offerings of Torment: Tides of Numenera are available at retail – check your local store for more details.*