Review: Riptide GP: Renegade (Win 10/Xbox One)
Riptide GP: Renegade drops players into a futuristic world of illicit hydro jet racing, where armored riders kick out death-defying stunts over massive waterfalls, outrun cops, and boost at breakneck speeds across surging waves.
- Gorgeous graphics. From the detailed racers to the stunning areas you get to race on, Waterfalls to storms to lovely sunny beaches.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- Supports keyboard and controller.
- Opening tutorial that can be replayed from the menu at any time.
- Graphic optimization test at start up.
- Three difficulties: Easy, Standard and hard.
- Can re bind every button and stick on the controller.
- Full stats breakdown section.
- Five game modes- Career, Challenge, Quick race, Online and split screen.
- Full online leaderboard support.
- Can customize your ride colour,Decal and race number.
- Unlock decals by winning races.
- Pre race fly overs.
- Easy to learn controls.
- Arcade jet ski racer gameplay.
- Perform stunts to fill your boost bar.
- Tricks are performed with the two sticks.
- Banging techno soundtrack.
- Very much a pick up and play title.
- Earn EXP to level up and earn skill points and cash.
- Skill points unlock new stunts or abilities and buffs.
- Clear easy to read UI.
- Earn stars to unlock new races in career mode.
- Fast loading times.
- Different race events from standard race to elimination or freestyle events.
- Fast crash recovery reset.
- Boss races and once beaten you unlock a new jet ski and rider model.
- Unlock bonus race series which are harder optional races with greater rewards.
- Weather and level effects like thunderstorms or rockets shaking the screen or warring battle cruisers, It all looks so good and adds to the atmosphere.
- Mouse cursor doesn’t disappear on Win 10 version when using controller.
- No quit to desktop.
- AI can be cheap especially on harder difficulties.
- Early career races are the same set of tracks over and over.
- Cannot earn boost when boosting.
- Achievements have a delay upon popping.