Review: Zen Pinball 2 Venom Table
Spider-Man’s symbiotic nemesis gets his own pinball table! Zens latest creation based on a Marvel Comics property stars Spider-Man’s archenemy, Venom.
- Graphics maintain the now standard level of detail and colour. The table looks brilliant and takes in many classic locations like the alleyways,sewer and bell tower.
- Two new trophies.
- Controls stay the same.
- Carnage and Venom are used with the table. Venom will sit on the table and occasionally swing around. Carnage is imprisoned under the table under a sheet of glass.
- Full leader board support.
- Spiderman is fully animated and will swing all over the table as you play missions.
- Smooth table experience with next to no flat walls or dead space.
- Unlock Carnage who escapes the table and a mini game happens off table. You get limited attempts.
- Easier to trigger missions.
- Really nice looking table.
- Fast action table.
- Really good scoreboard animations.
- Night time missions which really shows off all the neon lights.
- Spider wall, Easy to hit but has a mechanic where you need to hit the flashing letters in order to lock the ball. Do it three times and unlock the black Spider man suit and multi ball. Has the added mechanic where hitting the wrong letter will reset the fallen letters.
- Only two new trophies.
- Annoying loop that is easy to fall into continuously.
In Summary, The table is a good table and one that has you racking up the scores. Missions are varied but the huge deal is the animations of the characters. Carnage smashing through the table and throwing the ball being a particular highlight. I dont feel this table will quite have the same longevity of earlier tables but its still a fun table to play.