- Review: Narco Terror
- Koch Media to Publish “The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça & Pizza Boy”. Launching March 4th 2016
- GUNNAR Launches ‘Heroes of the Storm’ Gaming Eyewear
- Japanese Voiceover Implemented In The Upcoming Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles Pack Exclusive To PS3
- Anticipated Games Of 2013 Xbox 360 Edition
The ProSiebenSat.1 Group is strengthening its games business by acquiring the online and mobile games publisher Aeria Games Europe via its subsidiary ProSiebenSat.1 Games. The agreement covers the company’s European headquarters in Berlin, all international game licenses for PC and certain successful mobile games licenses. The vendor is Aeria Games Europe’s parent company, Aeria Games & Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S.A., one of the world’s leading games publishers and developers.
The new acquisition triples nearly the company’s games community from 27 up to 77 million gamers and doubles its portfolio of licenses from 19 to 39. Following the takeover, ProSiebenSat.1 will combine the games operations in Berlin. The new Publisher will be named SevenGames and publish its games in 35 countries, amongst others the U.S.A., Canada, Brazil and Argentina. The acquisition of the European subsidiary is subject to approval by the responsible authorities.
- Rises into the top three leading European publishers
- Complementary addition to the ProSiebenSat.1 Games portfolio
- Foray into the fast-growing mobile gaming market
Dr. Christian Wegner, Member of the Executive Board of ProSiebenSat.1: “The acquisition of Aeria Games Europe allows us full access to new markets and target groups, making us one of the top three publishers in Europe in one fell swoop, and takes us a big step forward in mobile gaming, the sector’s largest growth driver. The transaction is fully in line with our strategy of strengthening our portfolio of digital assets by making bolt-on acquisitions.”
Barclays Bank PLC, acting through its investment bank, acted as Financial Advisor to ProSiebenSat.1 on this transaction