‘Table Top Racing’ is a fast and furious, miniaturised combat-racing game from the Micro Machines and Mario Kart canon, specifically designed as a racing game for all mobile gamers.
- The graphics are bright and vibrant, Show casing what can be done on a mobile device. The cars look cartoony with a realism edge, The levels are detailed yet practical. Even has fully functional shadows! Shadows man shadows!
- Controls are all done by touching the left and right of the screen. The have markers on either side but you can touch anywhere on the edges. Power up buttons are situated by both turning markers. The game auto accelerates so you can just concentrate on the handling, Which is actually very accurate and tight for a mobile game. Usually my big ape hands ruin my sense of movement but I have had no issues so far.
- Has Google Play integration giving you leaderboards and achievements.
- Lets race section has 4 choices for you to pick: Championships-where you will spend the bulk of your time,Drift events,Special events and of course the classic quick race option.
- Has Facebook integration for posting times and achievements to your timeline.
- Championship is split into 3 tiers: Twin cam, Spark Plug and Turbo. Each housing a variety of race types from time trial, one on one racing and explosive weapons allowed shoot to kill race modes. Each championship has at least a handful of events and get progressively harder.
- Level up your car by earning stars for podium finishes, Earn coins to upgrade and personalize your car. Coins are awarded for finishing the race and also hitting opponents with weapons.
- Weapons are varied but generic: Mines,rockets and EMP just a few to beat your opponents with.
- Has in app purchasing for more coins but in no way encourage a pay to win mentality.
- The AI move and adapt to your every move, You will never have the same race twice.
- Courses have short cuts littered around and can help give you the edge.
- ITS FREE!
- You have a wealth of options available to you. You can Turn Twitter notifications on/off, Turn on touchscreen controls or tilt turning,Graphic level and the usual music options.
- The music is average and after a while can start to grate, More a personal thing.
- The AI on the whole are good but in later levels do get cheap and has a whiff of rubber banding and weapon choice perfection.
- The upgrading of cars seems a bit awkward, It doesn’t seem to let you choose what to upgrade. Instead it just shows you the cost and what part it is indeed upgrading.
In Summary, The game is so much fun. If you wanted to do a comparison then its very much Hot Wheels invade Micro Machines whilst mimicking Mario Kart. It has such great graphics and controls. For the bargain price of free, You really have no reason to not have this on your Android device. All I ask now is we get a console/handheld version with online multiplayer and more content.