Dodge, shoot and explode across the Solar System as a crew of intelligent and dangerous chickens. As the pilot of The Golden Eagle, it’s your duty to keep Colonel Ram and Professor Bez safe as they squabble about ethics and who last used the toilet. Wage war against humanity as you battle your way towards the Sun to complete your mission.
- Big bright graphics with a huge emphasis on quaity. The graphics look really good through out with attention to detail really bringing it all to life.
- Full 360 support from the off.
- 2D arcade side scroller shooter.
- Collect power ups in game like health or replenish heavy weapons.
- Earn cash to upgrade your ship and add new weapons, increase armour and speed of the ship.
- Hidden bonuses in game are represented as golden eggs. Collect these for upgrade cost short cuts and bonus scores/money at the end of the level.
- Humour littered through the dialogue as you play a group of chickens hell bent on destruction.
- End of level screen is displayed as a percentage bar of completion. The percentage bar is calculated by pickups,bonus item,level score and difficulty.
- The main story levels are represented by little planets on a world map. Each level is numbered and has an icon displaying eggs collected and level difficulty achieved. Every level has a little video preview in the top right.
- Levels can be replayed whenever you look.
- Main weapon has an energy level. Firing it will deplete the energy and not firing will regenerate it. This new mechanic means you cannot simply keep the fire button held down.
- When you get hit/reach critical health or your gun is low on energy, The game screen will distort and go all grainy whilst shaking like a rampant rabbit.
- Slow pace at the beginning. This feeling will stay with you for the first 5 levels at least.
- The layout of the level can be confusing in places. Due to the nature of maze like corridors later on, Figuring out what can and cannot be shot gets really confusing.
- End of level is abrupt. You are literally shooting a load of guys then black screen then boom all done.
- No mouse support which is only a big deal to a percentage of players.
- Difficulty spikes throughout but to be honest you expect it in this genre.
- Not a true bullet hell game.
- Could only seem to have one active save at one time.
In Summary, The game has a lot of promise and does add something new to the genre. The energy level used for gun ammo is an interesting choice and can make the game a lot harder. Humour is present in the story dialogue. I mean you play as chickens so something hilarious is bound to happen. The game for shoot em up fans may not have enough new abilities to hold their attention. Its average in a lot of ways once you strip the fancy stuff out. This game serves well for a casual fan of the genre or indeed someone looking to get into shoot em ups scene. The overall presentation from the HUD to the visuals is great and its one redeeming feature.