- Evil Is As Evil Does- Overlord Fellowship Of Evil Trailer Released
- First European FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival takes place in London
- Zombies Attack Defiance. New Crossover Event Released
- Life is Strange season finale trailer available now
- Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is – Cash Challenges And Tournaments Come To Xbox
Play as two of the greatest science-fiction heroes ever — Kirk and Spock – in the award-winning STAR TREK, a completely original co-op experience that expands the Star Trek universe even further. Set in the 23rd Century world of the massively popular Star Trek reboot, this cover-based shooter immerses players in a rich, original story…
- Detailed character graphics, They look like their movie counterparts.
- All characters are voiced by the actual actors in the film and this really adds authenticity to the game.
- The whole game is playable with co-op. Using a drop in/ drop out method so you will never need to game alone.
- Game is best played with a human co op partner.
- Play as either Spock or Kirk.
- A third person shooter with puzzle elements.
- Use your Tricoder to scan the area and find hidden collectibles, order your AI partner around, pick up a certain weapon, collect new information on systems and enemies. This is also what you need to do to initiate hacking sequences.
- Earn XP from using your Tricoder and level up to unlock new skills.
- Loads of co-op set pieces from opening doors to dual hacking, foot ups to secret routes.
- Set after the first film and before the second film. Travel from New Vulcan to the Gorn Homeworld
- A decent script with some great dialogue between Kirk and Spock.
- Get to shoot the lasers from the USS Enterprise.
- Few epic set pieces that look great.
- Controller layout is simple and familiar.
- Hack enemy turrets and get them to work for you.
- When your down but not out, you can still shoot, crawl to safety and sometimes revive your partner.
- Loads of new guns to find and use. All guns have two types of fire, mostly one for killing and one for stun.
- Has a stealth mechanic that makes the approach to each area different.
- Authentic sound effects of the guns or should I say lasers.
- Good checkpoint system.
- Graphical glitches from character collision, enemies getting stuck in the scenery.
- AI partner is stupid and will just stand in front of a turret, Die and just stay there until you revive him. To which he will usually stay there and do it again until you neutralize the turret.
- Camera is a bit wonky and will sometimes seem to have a mind of its own, as it periodically swings in and out of focus.
- Actually shooting is floaty and you never really feel in control.
- Annoying beep that happens on every loading screen and there is quite a few loading screens.
- Despite claims before release saying each character will play different, in the final product they both play exactly the same with the same upgrades etc..
- Had instances where enemies disappeared or the target kill just drops out the game. A checkpoint restart was needed to fix the issue.
- Game is a very basic cover and shoot type of affair that doesn’t really offer anything new to the genre.
- The jumping mechanic is hit and miss and when precise jumps are needed, frustration will follow.
- The co op stuff like opening doors is just a drawn out repetitive task.
In summary, The game has a good share of bugs and glitches. You can still get some enjoyment out of it even if its a short lived experience. Best played in co op with a mate, This will help take the sting out of the game. If you can get the game on the cheap then I can think of far worse games to hate. The game does look good in places and when you get a good set piece it is good. Its just annoying that every area does the same thing. You enter in one way and the enemies enter opposite you, then its a case of cover shoot, cover shoot. The dialogue between the two playable characters keep the game going at times. I had some fun times with the game and I had some really bad times with it. To cut a long story short, The game if obtained cheap is a average game at best and players will get some enjoyment from it.