- Review: Akibas Trip Undead And Undressed (PS4)
- Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below Gears Up to Expand the Destiny Adventure on 9th December
- Review: CastleStorm Definitive Edition PS4
- Destiny The Taken King: We Are Guardians Trailer
- Criminel – Noir Mystery Detective Game hits the App Store this Thursday
The Yawhg is a one- to four-player choose-your-own-adventure game that randomizes a unique story every time you play. The evil Yawhg is returning. How will the town’s locals lead their lives in the meanwhile, and what will they do when the dreaded Yawhg finally arrives? The fate of a community hinges on the characters’ actions, and the decisions of their players.
- Choose your own text based adventure that is ever changing. Never play the same game twice. You may get the same scenario or text but the outcome will always be different.
- Party game that supports up to 4 local players. Pick your character and your set for an adventure.
- Has a RPG element to it in terms of upgrading your stats and earn money.
- Story evolves around The Yawhg. You have 6 weeks to prepare yourself for its arrival. You now its coming and you have no choice but to prepare yourself as much as possible.
- The game has a central hub which is presented as a city. 8 different locations are yours to pick. Each section of the town has different tasks for you to complete.
- I will say it again, The game is always random. Its a given that playing a 2 player game and both picking the same task will both get different outcomes.
- Each task takes a weeks to finish in game. So basically you can do 6 actions before the Yawhg arrives.
- The game does a brilliant job of making you feel hopeless and up against it. You never know whats going to happen and you know the end game is unpredictable.
- The art style is quite gothic in a way but overall is very nice on the eyes.
- The music is excellent and adds a lot of atmosphere and brings in the tension.
- Even though the game itself is short, You always want to jump back in and try things differently.
- Playing with friends is interesting as you can only pick one area at any one time. Basically meaning you need to plan between your team who goes where. This will as you would expect, change the whole outcome.
- The story can be funny, it can be emotional and hell it can even be dam right dark. You just never know what your going to get and that will appeal to gamers everywhere.
- No save option, It doesnt really need it but it would be nice to have the option.
- Pressing escape will quit the whole game so BE AWARE.
- Game play is short and some may find that off putting, Even more so if your really getting into the story your currently on.
In summary, The game is a really well done choose your own adventure game. It is best played as a party game with friends, Due to its length you can fit in a quick game at any time. The randomness of it all keeps it fresh and new. It is possible to pick 4 players and play it solo for a longer more varied experience. The text you will uncover will have you laughing, crying or cringing as you read. For any fans of text based adventures, Pick this game up and you wont be disappointed.
Please vote for the game on Steam Greenlight here.
You can buy the game from here.