Review: The Simpson’s Tapped Out
Homer accidentally caused a meltdown that wiped out Springfield. D’OH! Now, it’s up to you to rebuild it! From the writers of The Simpsons, tap into a city building game that lets you create your own living, breathing Springfield…
- Graphics so good, Its like your watching a TV episode! The level of polish and detail is high in every regard.
- Free to play and is fully playable without spending any real money.
- Controls are simple, Tap on what you want to do and select the option.
- Gameplay is basically Sim City Simpsons edition with some management of the inhabitants of Springfield.
- Earn XP and level up to unlock new quests, Buildings and new characters. You earn XP by building things, Doing missions and also from collecting rent from the built buildings.
- Everything built yields a XP and cash drop. The amount varies on the building.
- All tasks and missions are done in real time, So if a mission takes 5 hours, Then that is 5 hours real time.
- The scripting is hilarious and you can tell you get quality from the writers of the TV show.
- All missions are stored in the notebook in the bottom left and can be used to start, End or check the progress of missions available.
- Donuts can be unlocked from certain tasks, Easter eggs in game and by leveling up. Donuts are used to buy premium products in the game or auto complete ongoing tasks or missions.
- The sounds match the graphics and story telling so you know your in for a treat.
- The game loosely follows the TV show in respects that when something new is going to happen in a new show, The game will have an event or special timed unlock/mission to coincide with the show. For instance, When Moe got a new suit in the show, In the game he got a new suit and a slew of new missions.
- Events happen such as Halloween, Christmas and even Whacking Day. All are timed and always bring with them new missions and items to buy.
- Has Origin support and you can login to your Origin account to safeguard your cloud save.
- Both Android and iOS games are equal now thanks to a few new updates.
- You have a friends list for the game that allows you to visit your friends Springfield and earn bonus XP and cash.
- An ongoing event is Sideshow Bob, Who randomly appears and you have but a few minutes to find him and arrest him for extra XP and cash monies.
- The whole cast is in the game and all have their own set of missions with varying time lengths.
- The game is all backed up with a cloud save.
- You can re arrange your town at any point and change it however you want.
- Daily login Bonus that increases in worth over 5 days.
- A few of the story lines are very familiar and really hammer home the feeling that you are in Springfield.
- A 5 star ranking by your level is used for how well your town caters to everyone’s needs. So there will be a sub ranking against such areas as: Vanity,Tree’s and shops for residents.
- Donuts to buy are expensive and you don’t earn nearly enough to keep up with the game in normal play.
- You can get quite a lot of failed to connect to server errors, As updates are very common.
- You unlock things faster than you can buy them, With an ongoing need for money.
- As default, Spending Donuts doesn’t have a confirm button so you find yourself accidentally pressing the wrong button. With Donuts involved it can be very infuriating.
In Summary, For free its an excellent game. I find myself playing it on a daily basis, If only for the ongoing daily bonus unlocks. Yes the lack of money unlocked to buy things is annoying but if you can look past that then you are getting , What could possibly be so far the best Simpson game to date. The look and feel is so Springfield and the jokes are just as good as any one of their shows. Simple controls, Simple concept, Fun enviroment……Success.