- The Might of the Amazons is unleashed upon DC Universe Online In Upcoming DLC Pack, Amazon Fury Part I
- Activision And Rovio Unveil Angry Birds Star Wars For Consoles
- Review: Magic The Gathering– Duels of the Planeswalkers 2015
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc DLC Pack Details
- Review: Hatoful Boyfriend
A long time ago, but not so far away, Pirate Monkey Zombies – stupid, smelly, ugly, rotten and disgusting creatures – invaded a peaceful village. They kidnapped Hanzo’s – a rather short ninja’s – family. Take control of his awesome blade and aid him in the quest to free them. Cut, slice, snip, sever, chop, shear and trim hordes of Pirate Monkey Zombies.
- Fast responsive game play, Touchscreen works flawlessly and is very sensitive.
- Cartoon graphics with humorous zombies.
- Simple kill everything on the screen.
- Swipe the screen to kill enemies, some bigger enemies need to be attacked in certain exposed areas. Whether it be the one zombie or a hand full, swiping frantically over the screen will get the job done and be quite fun in the process. Swiping is also a requirement to avoid projectiles.
- Leader-board support.
- Animations are accurate and look hilarious, Aim for the zombies torso and watch them fall in half, aim at the head and well you get the idea.
- Story is pass able and injects humor when ever it can.
- Endless mode adds a lot to the replay ability.
- Level up in game to get more health or Jutsu power. Unlock new Jutsu powers.
- Jutsu powers are your power moves which are really useful in the later levels. With abilities such as being able to freeze all on screen enemies, You will be thankful for them.
- New game plus allows you to replay the story and continue upgrading.
- Boss battles are common and varied and add a deal of difficulty to the game.
- Game mechanics get repetitive, you never really deviate from the slash slash mechanic. Zombies may look different later on but to kill them is the same as the first.
- Levels or arenas are very small and don’t leave you much time/space to see whats coming.
- Enemies can just appear on screen at times, usually right behind you.
- Some enemies the barrel zombie in particular is a frustrating experience at times. Having to wait to attack is a tedious affair and with other faster zombies on screen, the urge to kill rises.
- With what can feel like a iOS game, the price point can seem a bit high to some.
In summary, Its a small bite sized game that does offer a lot of game for your buck. Story mode is where you will spend most of your time, But the extra modes keep you coming back for more. A game that uses only the touch screen is a welcome addition to the Vita library. The Vita has its own Fruit Ninja esque game, Albeit a zombie monkey kind of fruit. Its not the sort of game you will have long sessions on, very much a every now and then or a quick blast type game. The price point shouldn’t put anyone off really as for all the options,modes and game play you get out of it, Its worth it. Kids will love the simplistic approach and have a laugh doing it. The Vita needs a diverse library of games and games like this only offer more opportunities and ideas for games moving forward.