- PS3 Reaches 30 Million Units Across EU and PAL Territories
- Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below Gears Up to Expand the Destiny Adventure on 9th December
- Review: Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
- Release Dates And Pricing Announced For Men’s Room Mayhem
- Sierra Announces Pre-Order Bonus Content for Lucid Games’ Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Today EA start rolling out a new update to Origin, designed to refresh parts of the interface, add features for power gamers, and improve the experience for gameplay broadcasters.
If you already opted-in to Origin beta updates, you’ll be prompted to update to version 9.2.1 of Origin later today (for PC; the Mac update rolls out tomorrow). The rest of the Origin community will receive the update in the weeks to come. As always, if you’d like to try out the latest update, opting in to Origin betas is simple (and free).
After downloading this update, you’ll notice that we’ve revamped the look and feel of the Application Settings menu. For PC users, if you’ve been broadcasting your gameplay, you’ll appreciate the new ability to auto-archive your broadcasts. For you power gamers with muscular 64-bit systems on either PC or Mac, the new multilauncher will give you additional options for taking advantage of your hardware when starting up supported games. Finally, you can now keep track of all the achievements you’ve completed in Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, and Dead Space 3 on your Origin profile page. Start playing those games after updating Origin, and watch your Origin Point total (displayed underneath your name) increase by completing their achievements.