- PlayStation 4 Sales Surpass 6 Million Units Worldwide In Less Than 4 Months Since Launch
- Frontier Developments launches Elite Dangerous – Powerplay
- February Games With Gold Announced
- Flintlock Studios are Reinvigorating the God Game Genre in 2015
- SCII: Legacy of the Void DLC Now Available to Pre-Purchase
Turn 10 Studios and Playground Games have announced that the 1000 Club Expansion Pack for “Forza Horizon” will be available as a free download on Xbox LIVE from today. Featuring more than 1000 new challenges, ten new Xbox achievements worth 250 Gamerscore points, as well as two brand new bonus cars, the 1000 Club Expansion Pack brings an epic new competition that spans the entire open world of “Forza Horizon.”
The Forza Horizon Festival’s “1000 Club” competition is open to everyone and features more than 1000 car challenges – for every single car at the Horizon Festival. Some focus on speed, such as racing through a speed camera as fast as you can – maybe even in reverse – while others focus on driving skills or specific stunts such as burnouts, drifting, catching air, smashing objects, or weaving through traffic at high speeds. There are also new location-based challenges that span the entire open world of Colorado – such as road trips, racking up skill points while exploring the golf course or mining town, or drifting your way around Red Rock’s winding roads.
“Variety is the key to the ‘Forza Horizon’ 1000 Club Expansion Pack,” said Playground Games’ Ralph Fulton, creative director for “Forza Horizon.” “All of the challenges have been custom designed to fit the unique personality and strengths of each car in the game. The game even recognises which cars you have in your garage and will recommend challenges for you to try.”
Most car challenges can be completed with cars included with the standard edition of the game. Those players who have purchased the “Forza Horizon” Season Pass, Rally Expansion Pack, or downloadable car packs will find even more value, with hundreds of new challenges to complete.
The 1000 Club Expansion pack also features two free bonus cars:
- 1956 Ford F100 – The best-looking and most powerful version of Ford’s classic workhorse. Maybe it was the new grille, or that wraparound windscreen. Fans of the blue oval had the optional V8, too, which boosted the F100 to a respectable 167 horsepower, plenty of power for a hard-working vehicle. The F100 went through additional revisions after 1953 but, for Ford truck connoisseurs, the 1956 model remains a high point.
- 1995 RUF CTR2 – In the late 1980s, Ruf made its auspicious debut in the world of high-performance cars with the original RUF CTR. Nearly a decade later, founder Alois Ruf succeeded in one-upping himself with the CTR2. Like a good Hollywood action sequel, the CTR2 featured more of what fans loved about the original – namely incredible performance, thanks to a 3.6 litre, twin turbo-charged flat-six capable of 520 horsepower and a top speed north of 215mph. This kind of performance immediately catapulted the CTR2 into one of the world’s most elite performance vehicles, in demand by collectors and speed junkies alike.
Where Cars Belong: “Forza Horizon” is now available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and at participating retailers. Car packs are available individually or as part of the “Forza Horizon” Season Pass (4,000 Microsoft Points), which also includes the Rally Expansion Pack.