- Iron Combat: War in the Air coming to 3DS
- Western Godzilla Fans are Poised to Destroy Anything and Everything that Stands in Their Way on the PlayStation 4
- SteamWorld Dig is 50% off on Steam + Release of Official Soundtrack
- Dragon’s Prophet Invites All Fantasy-Fans To The Witching Hour
- Review: Another World Wii U Edition
Find it, rob it, and keep it. Grab the cash in this fast and frenetic top down multiplayer versus game. Dollar Dash will have you shouting for joy, as you make a dash with the cash. You must attack, defend or outrun your competitors in any of the three game modes (Dollar Dash, Save the Safe or Hit’n’Run) using unique and comedic tactics.
- Cartoon graphics with comical explosions. Very Bomberman in appearance and feel.
- Three game modes to pick from: Dollar dash which is the main game type. You have to fight off 3 other players and collect as much cash as possible and drop it off in the van. Getting hit by weapons causes you to drop money. Another mode is Hit ‘n’ Run which is your basic death match and your final game type is save the safe. In save the safe its like the Halo Oddball game type where you have to hold onto the safe to score points, avoiding other players and pick ups.
- Unlock new customisable items for your avatar like new outfits, facial hair etc..
- Variety of weapons, ranging from firework projectiles to your more defensive items like traps that can be planted. Fun weapons are the ones like the ability to turn invisible and all you can see is your foot prints.
- Full 4 player online and offline play.
- Controls are simple with 3 different pickups assigned to a individual button.
- Game is best and recommended to be played online.
- Good tutorial that does a good job of showing you whats what.
- Plenty of maps to pick from a bank to a dock side, all offering unique lay outs and gameplay opportunities.
- Dollar dash mode boils down to a luck based affair. Players will just sit in the corner, wait for everyone to collect the money then shoot them all, pick up the cash and drop it off for the win. Its these tactics that really ruin the game mode.
- Dropping traps are kind of pointless as once dropped, all players can quite clearly see where they are. Unless you do a quick drop whilst in the middle of a battle, you have no chance.
- Could do with more game types and even more maps.
- Despite having a nice array of levels, they are all very basic in play. Each having a few throttle points, apart from that its a very corridor feeling map design.
In summary, The game has a few good ideas that can wear thin. For a few short sessions a week the game is more than adequate and will provide some entertainment. In long play time terms the game wont keep you satisfied. You will get hacked off with the way people play the game online and how it is easier to just stand still then shoot as they go to drop off. In all I find the game enjoyable and get a strong Bomberman vibe from it all.