- Hilarious Superhero Comedy Adventure Supreme League of Patriots Coming January 29th
- Activision Announces The Next Generation Of Call Of Duty With Call Of Duty: Ghosts
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers Release Date Announced
- New Season Pass Addition Plus Free DLC Pack Revealed for LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
- Project X Zone 2 Worldwide Announcement
What happens when DLC practices go too far? An indie developer makes a game that mocks the industry and its foibles, that’s what! Defeat the bad guy, save the world and get the girl! But first you’ll need to find coins to buy DLC to enable animation, sound and even pausing. Thankfully this is just satire and all the DLC is purchased with in-game coins. But consider it a cautionary tale for the future…
- Pixel graphics, Lovely NES style graphics with bright colors.
- 8-Bit sounds to accompany the graphics, Spritely bubbly chip tune magic.
- Very Mario-esque game style, simple jump mechanic But in truth that’s where the Mario clone ends. The game builds on it by adding double jumps, wall jumps etc.
- Two games in one, You get the base game and Freemium pack.
- Full controller support, Best played with the controller.
- Online board for speed runs.
- Collect coins and spend your money on DLC to unlock the game as you go. DLC varies from the ability to pause, to having a weapon.
- Some classic tongue in cheek humour regarding DLC over the years. Includes the classic horse Armour pack.
- Game is cheap on Steam and off the devs site.
- Has Steam achievements.
- Simple level design on the surface, Hidden sub levels and short cuts can be found as you hunt for the coins.
- Very short game, Both games can take just 40 mins each to play through.
- No replayability, Even more so after collecting all Steam achievements.
- A lot of back tracking which can lead to you getting lost frequently.
- No map system so your always relying on memory or dumb luck to get you through.
In summary, The game may well be short but you will have so much fun playing it. It pulls at your nostalgia glands and refuses to let go. From the simple controls to the out right hilarious dialogue and game premise. Its a game that will leave you smiling long after finishing it and good fun for everyone.