An Environmental Puzzle Game About Family, Grit, and Survival. Grays roam the land, largely in the absence of human interference. These aren’t your typical Zed — theirs is a very different sort of apocalypse. Animals spontaneously transform into twisted, violent beings. The earth decays, collapsing into a network of abysses.
- Pixel graphics with a great attention to detail think NES graphics but with a bit more detail and your halfway there.
- Voice acting through out which add a great deal to the atmosphere.
- Zombie game but instead of being called zombies they are called Grays. Grays look different and each type of Gray has a different approach to killing you. Some run fast, some can fire things while some just stand there. Either way kill em or avoid em.
- Well done tutorial which does a great job of teaching you all the need to knows and how the game plays out.
- Full game pad support including analogue!
- Very Zelda in look and game play aspects. Two worlds make up the game. A over world and a under world. Each being different in a variety of ways. Can easily be described as day and night but later on the Under world takes a more dark and sinister turn.
- Combining environmental puzzles, mazes,obstacles all whilst running away and fighting Grays
- Zelda ith zombies! quickest straight to the point game description.
- Take the role of different characters as the game progresses and unite in the fight for survival.
- Little notes, signs will be littered all over the world, giving more back story or helpful hints as you go.
- Lighting effects again bring the game to life and ooze atmosphere. Wether it be a lantern guiding you through a dark maze or it be the clouds floating overhead, the shadow work combined with the lighting, stop this game from being a nice touch to a well needed, well executed exercise.
- Scavenge new weapons to help fight off the Grays. It could be metal tacks or grenades or even spears. If you miss with a spear then it is possible to pick it up. Talk about keeping it real!
- Not just weapons will get you through this nightmare story, Oh no! Tools are needed to hack down trees, smash doors and repair bridges. Many types of tools can be found and each have a unique capability. They cant for example kill Grays.
- The music has not be scrimped over either. From sinister groans and build up music, to cheerier, lighter music. The game knows just the right tune to keep the player on edge and engrossed. Composed by Pablo Vega, you know your getting the good stuff. Best experiences of the game can be had by using headphones.
- Auto saves are present, But you can save at any point through the menus.
- Story has many cross road moments, meaning you may not see every area in the game depending on your choices. This encourages a second or even third play through.
- New game plus opens up all the areas in the game and allows you to skip the tutorial.
- Game supports offline co-op. Players can use 2 pads or a pad and a keyboard. Or for a completely different experience, Both players can use a single keyboard.
- Level editor. Want a go at making your own levels? well now you can and you can even put the FMV stills in there for maximum enjoyment. Create your very own full adventure. Its a very in depth editor giving you full control on all manner of things.
- Bonus objectives are always available and give the player the incentive of getting higher scores, or the ability to claim golden markers which bring even greater personal reward. Objectives are optional and can be skipped if you so wish.
- The level editor is so in depth, First timers may find it all too daunting.
- No demo for the game on Steam. There are plenty of videos, But for some, playing a demo is where the truth lies.
- Online co-op would of been an awesome addition.
- Couldn’t find a way to upload created adventures. This would of extended the games replay ability a million times over.
In summary, The game is a little gem and not to be missed. Old school players will love the simplistic approach to the already over used zombie genre. Puzzle nuts will get a kick out of the many different puzzles you face, and be surprised how hard they can get, all within a very dark under toned game. The game ticks a lot of boxes for a lot of player types. Its one of those games where when your not playing it, your thinking about playing it. This could easily become a sleeper hit of 2013. The music oh man the music. Words cannot describe how it elevates the game and with headphones inserted…awesome. Don’t let the lack of a demo put you off. If you liked the NES Zelda and like a different sort of zombie game with almost Adventures Of LOLO 2 style puzzles, get on it! Videos will not justify just how absorbed you can get in this game. Go grab it now and you can thank me later!