Something messy and contagious is festering in suburbia… Germinator, Creat Studios’ 20th title for Sony’s PlayStation® Network, provides a character-styled departure from the usual bubble-popping casual games. Dismiss traditional match-3 for combining germ bubble characters of the same color. Timing and accuracy are required to prevent germs from rising too high and overtaking the house.
- Cartoon graphics with humour. From the germs getting bigger to the huge explosions, All is done to a high standard.
- Game style is fast addictive game style, That quickly grows on you and becomes infectious.
- Creating chains and huge explosions looks excellent!
- PS3 version supports YouTube uploading. After finishing a level or even getting a game over, You can upload your video.
- Cross save with Vita so you can carry on your save on the go and vice versa.
- Comical sound effects from stupid gurgling sounds to high pitch scream explosions.
- Tutorials greet you upon every new addition to the game. You can turn them off or even reset them in case you forget what to do.
- Online leaderboard support including a friends only board.
- Story mode provides countless hours of playtime, with well over 70 levels awaiting you.
- Puzzle mode has the same amount of levels as the story mode and is very challenging as you progress through.
- Arcade mode is your typical infinite spawning enemies survive as long as you can game type. You have different difficulty settings, That change the way the game plays out.
- Germ Mode is your multiplayer. Select a game type like battle and play with a friend or against AI. Popping germs send them over to your opponents screen.
- Not all game modes are available straight away and can be unlocked by earning stars in the story mode. Stars a max of three are awarded upon performance in a level.
- The PS3 version supports both pad and Move. The game is best played with Move as it allows you to be more precise and accurate. Move is easily set up and once done, you wont have to recalibrate everytime you boot the game up.
- Vita version can be played with the sticks or for a better smoother experience touchscreen. Tapping where you want the germ to go is easier and even better for accuracy the Move setup.
- New enemies and obstacles show up in game as you progress that really keep you on your toes.
- The gamestyle is addictive anf fun, for every level you lose patience with, clearing it feels all the better.
- A good pick up and play title with an overall approachable experience.
- Cant help but feel they missed a trick not doing the cross buy promotion. Although to be fair they did do a special bundle price.
- The aiming arrow whilst using the pad is too short and causes you a lot of problems in game.
- The level contents are not random in any way. You will get the same layout, same selection of germs to shoot everytime.
- Youtube could help shorten the game and even put people off. With players having the ability to upload how to videos, the player isnt forced to work things out.
- Once you have done the game modes, apart from the multiplayer, There isnt much replayability.
- Screen in arcade mode moves up too fast for most players liking.
In summary, The game is great and for the best way to play it use Move or play on the Vita. Every likes a puzzle game to have on their console and this is fresh,new and FUN! Yes some levels will have you screaming at the screen and vowing never to play it again, But then you make a huge chain and see a germ grow to the size of the screen and explode into a screaming ball of goo, And all is forgiven. Online multiplayer would of been a good addition, But as it is its still fun on the couch gaming. Its bright, Its new and its a new approach to the puzzle genre.