- Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Super Music Collection comes to iTunes
- Burial At Sea: Episode Two – Exclusive Preview Clip
- Playworld Superheroes to Bring Real-Time Crafting and Superhero Action to Mobile Next Month
- Hatoful Boyfriend soars back into your heart this year
- New Screenshots Of Vita exclusive Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Word Blocked is a word game with a twist, quite literally. The game revolves around a 3×3 block of letters that can be twisted and turned to align into words. Form longer words for higher scores and earn multipliers when you form a series of correct words. Shake your device at any time to jumble up the letters and rearrange them on the cube!
- Its basically a Rubiks Cube with letters on it! Not a bad thing by any stretch.
- Rotate the cube any which way by swiping the screen. Want to change a line around? No problem just swipe the line and watch it rotate.
- Shake the Vita to jumble the letters around once you have ran out of words to make,
- Relaxed mode is very much your, make as many words as you can, whilst leveling up for completed words. Get to level 10 then onwards to higher scores!
- You can chaning words together to build up a score multiplier by typing in word after word.
- Timed mode is where champions are born. You have x amount of time to make as many words as you can. Earn special abilities to aid you such as missiles to make new words.
- The game is simple looking but to be fair its all about making words on a lettered cube.
- Leaderboard to keep track of your scores is available.
- Touchscreen works really well with the swiping and the shaking.
- Swiping can be a problem for some people, the detection can be a little off at times and spin the whole side, when you only asked for a line.
- Leaderboard is very basic, could do with an online one. Especially on the Vita version.
- Wont let certain words and we all know what I mean by that. Not really a con, more of a personal gripe but hey I’m only human!
In summary, Great word game to have on your device. It may not be the longest game you will play but it is worth a punt. Who knows you may learn some new words! An online leaderboard would of been a real class addition, competing with players all over the world, could of really bought the pressure in. As it is I like it and will continue to jump back into it. Its the definition of mobile gaming, in terms of its clear, simple and a lot of fun with tons of replay ability.