- Japanese Voiceover Implemented In The Upcoming Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles Pack Exclusive To PS3
- Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord Coming To Europe On 7th November 2014
- Blood Bowl enters the pitch… on iPad and Android tablets
- Biggest Ever Xbox LIVE Gold Unlock Weekend From 8 -10th March!
- ‘Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of Z’ Prepares To Ki Blast Into Europe With All-New Team Melee Action
Take control of Newton, the Flying Hamster in this action-frenzy horizontal shooter! Fly to save your girl across 6 levels full of various foes (animals, robots, aliens…) and beat the most ruthless bosses with any item you may find on your way. Originally released on PlayStation Minis, the game soon got a cult following and the devs decided to make the game more appealing in a HD graphics way, running with Vita functions.
- High level cartoony HD graphics that look simply gorgeous on the Vita screen
- Really simple controls, to the point where one button is single shot or hold to charge a shot. Then another button is for rapid fire. Use the stick to move.
- Controls can be changed and you can use touch controls for playing.
- 6 crazy levels ranging from Egypt to a crazy Japanese city to space.
- Boss battles that are quite easy to master.
- Earning a trophy earns you an extra credit token.
- Some really stupid (in a good way) pick ups. Things like flower seeds, fire and even beer! yes beer is a pick up and actually really good.
- Gameplay is as easy as flying up and down, forward and back and shoot enemies coming in from the right hand side.
- Free play mode allows you to pick a particular level and practice on it.
- To complete campaign you have to do it in one sitting. Which can be really annoying.
- Deep down it is quite a basic shooter with not a lot of new features added in the later levels.
In summary, for the price its a good game, its cheap and cheerful in every way. Yes its quite simple but for someone whos maybe not into his shooters all that much, may find this a nice entry point into the genre. The crazy pick ups and weird levels will be enough to keep you coming back every so often. I like the game and all though the whole completing the game in one sitting thing is annoying, I can overlook it. Well worth a punt.