- Table Top Racing Android Hits One Million Downloads On The Google Play Store In Just Seven Days
- Review: Velocity Ultra HD
- Two Free Download Codes Of Tomodachi Life: Welcome Version, Bundled In With Tomodachi Life Purchases
- Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen: New Video
- Bossa Studios Announces Spy Watch For Apple Watch
BeatShapers bring us Canabalt, a run for your life, jump gaps and obstacles and avoid traps kind of game. Can you run for your life?
- Simple game play mechanic, you just keep running.
- Simple controls as in every button is jump!
- Music score is cool and keeps the adrenalin pumping.
- Great graphics with some nice touches thrown in for good measure, such as birds flying around, smashing through windows. Really good animations.
- Levels randomly generate so you never get the same game twice.
- Game gets progressively faster the further you go.
- Perfect for handheld play and a perfect example of the dreaded “just one more go” genre.
- Obstacles in your way such as bombs dropping down, boxes in your way, air vents and big jumps do a really good job of messing up your run.
- With a game such as this, there is only so many times you can play it without getting bored.
- When speeding up it sometimes does a blur effect which can disorient you, usually resulting in a death.
- The music while good can get repetitive.
- Later in the game ledges can be hard to make out and luck plays a huge part.
In summary, for a quick pick up and play title, this ticks all the boxes. I would have liked to have an online leaderboard on the Minis version to entice players to keep plugging away. But for what it is I really enjoyed it. It’s a small game with a lot of playability.